Ver la ruta del Programa
Mount Tarn is a small mountain of about 850 meters, formed by rocks of marine origin. It is located at the southern tip of the Brunswick Peninsula. It is an eastern sub-Andean area that represents a transitional belt between the Andean mountain range and the eastern plains. Therefore, this whole area corresponds to the southern tip of the continental Andes.
The trekking route at Mount Tarn is crossing dense forests with species like “Coihue of Magallanes” (Magellan’s beech), Canelo (Cinnamon),a conifer belonging to the cypres family known as Cipres de las Guaitecas, peat bogs, creeping plants, etc. The soil has high moisture content because of the constant rains. Therefore the climate is temperate cold with great humidity.
From the summit of Mount Tarn, you will be able to see the Strait of Magellan, San Isidro lighthouse, Dawson and Tierra del Fuego Islands, the Darwin Mountain Range, Mount Sarmiento and the whole Brunswick Peninsula.
- 08:00 The passengers are picked up at their place of lodging. Check of the equipment departing southwards up to km. 75 from Punta Arenas.
- 09:30 Introductory talk and beginning of the ascent among the thick forest of Cinnamon tres and other evergreen species, humid and with exuberant vegetation. We will arrive at a viewpoint made of Cypress (small rest), higher up we will find peatlands and later Coihue (Magellan’s beech) forests. The last stage is a zone of stones, until we reach the summit, from where we will get a magnificent view of Dawson Island in the front, San Isidro lighthouse at your feet and to the south the western mouth of the Strait of Magellan. The weather at the summit will depend on the atmospheric conditions of the day. There is also the possibility of not reaching the top, basically due to climatic conditions.
- Descent by the same route. The return time to Punta Arenas is estimated at 7:00 p.m. It may vary according to weather conditions, which may be before or after.
Also you can see: Base Torres
INCLUDED: Transportation from/ to your place of lodging/ Guide
NOT INCLUDED: Food
- 1 or 2 person $ 180,000
- 3 person $ 210,000
- From 4 person $ 60.000 each
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THIS TOUR:
- Bring food and soft drinks.
- Wear adequate, waterproof clothing for trekking and high-top trekking shoes.
For Bookings: Contact us to check availability. You can reach us:
- By telephone at 56 612 371074 and/ or Whatsapp +56962038339/ +56962895442
- Email: [email protected]
- Contact Form via Website
- Social Networks (Facebook or Instagram)
Once confirmed availability: Request reservation via email to [email protected] sending data such as: names, number of people, nationality, contact number, then make the payment via Webpay Plus through our website or electronic transfer. Once the payment has been received, the reservation will be confirmed.
For groups or direct bookings you can make prepayment of 50% via bank deposit or electronic transfer. Send voucher to [email protected] . The remaining 50% can be paid up to 24 hours before the tour.
Payment methods: Webpay plus, electronic transfer or bank deposit.
Special rate: Children from 0 to 10 years old pay between 50% and 75% on some regular tours. .
Rates: The rates published on our website correspond to regular shared services, with a máximum of 15 passengers per tour, except for navigations.
Private or group Tours: You must request a quote via email to: [email protected]
Rates change: From September 15 the rates will be modified because of high season. For reservations made in advance, high season rates will be applied.
Cancellation or rescheduling: On regular tours (except navigations), the passenger may cancel the service or reschedule for another date, at least 24 hours before. In case of cancellation within the established period, full amount will be refunded.
In case of retraction within 24 hours before the tour, there will be no refund or rescheduling. Any cancellation or reprogramming must be requested exclusively by email.
There will also be no refund of money, in case the passenger does not show up at the scheduled hour or is not ready at the pick-up time at their place of lodging.
Cancellation by weather conditions: Full refund will be made when the company cancels the tour before starting the service, due to adverse weather conditions. During the development of the activity, no refund of money is considered, in this case, by factors external to the company. If there is compensation for a special situation, it will be agreed by the parties, and it will be defined by the development that the travel program has had.
Scheduled Programs: With 15 days in advance, confirmed services may be cancelled at no charge. Cancellation between 14 to 6 days before, 50% refund, 5 days before services, no refund.
Navigations: These are carried out by external companies, therefore, we accept their comercial policies which we request to be informed before contracting the service. The main feature is that the departures and / or full development of the activity are subject to climatic conditions. .
Our service includes 24/7/365. We operate most of the tours directly and the attention is personalized at all times.