Balmaceda and Serrano Glaciers are located within Bernardo O’Higgins National Park, the largest in Chile and covering vast areas of Magallanes and Aysen Regions. It stands out for the protection of wildlife species such as the Huemul Deer, Sea Lions and birds like the King Cormorant, Eagles, Cahuil Gulls and Condors. In terms of flora, evergreen trees predominate, such as the Magellanic Coigüe, Cinnamon and Cypress of the Guaitecas.
Tour to Balmaceda and Serrano Glaciers
This tour starts in Puerto Natales. During the excursion we sail through the Ultima Esperanza Fjord, making stops in different attractive places; Cormorant and Sea Lion colonies, waterfalls, observation of the Balmaceda Glacier from the boat and after 20 minutes sailing to Puerto Toro, passengers disembark for a guided walk on the shores of Lago Tempanos for 1 hour (round trip), until reaching the Serrano Glacier lookout. Then we go to a typical “Estancia” (Patagonian cattle Ranch) to eat a delicious spit roasted lamb, then return to Puerto Natales.
Also you can see: Perito Moreno
- 06:30 Reception of the passengers at the office. Punctuality is requested at the time of presentation. Tansfer to the dock where the trip through the Ultima Esperanza Fjord begins.
- 09:00-09:30 Visit to different attractions such as Cormorant and Sea Lion colonies, waterfalls and cliffs, view of the Balmaceda glacier (from the boat), all in an environment of exuberant Patagonian vegetation.
- 10:00-11:30 Arrival at Puerto Toro, for a walk to the Serrano Glacier viewpoint. There are 2 options: footbridges (10 minutes) and the path on the shores of Lago Tempanos.(30 minutes per stretch).
- 13:30-15:30 Visit to a typical Estancia (Patagonian cattle Ranch) to taste a yummy spit roasted lamb.
- 16:30 Arrival at Puerto Natales
INCLUDED: Guide, tea or coffee, snack, aperitif, entrance ticket to Bernardo O’higgins National Park and lunch.
NOT INCLUDED: Pick up at the place of lodging.
TOUR PRICES: (Valid from October 5, 2019 to March 31, 2020)
- Infants from 0-1 year 50%
- Children between 2-8 years 70%
- General $ 94,500
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THIS TOUR:
- It is recommended to bring warm clothes and for the rain.
- Take your cell pone and camera fully charged.